If you are unable to use the shuttle service we provide or are arriving on a different day, you can get to Guelph using public transit. It is advisable to plan your trip in advance and get all necessary maps and directions before you arrive. Below are instructions for getting to the university using various means of public transportation. Please note that accessibility, frequency and schedules will vary depending on the time of day.
There is a direct bus from the airport to the University and it operates twice per day. If the direct bus schedule does not fit your schedule, there is also an alternate bus route from downtown Toronto. See below for more details.
Direct Route: Toronto Pearson Airport to University of Guelph
Total Cost: approximately $11-$30
Travel Time: 45 minutes-1 hour
- It is highly recommended that you check the schedule online, purchase and print your ticket before you travel as there is no ticket kiosk at the airport.
- Departure location is the Toronto Pearson Airport and the arrival location is the Guelph University Centre Loop.
- The Greyhound bus stop is located on the ground level of Terminal 1 at the Toronto Pearson Airport. Once you get to the ground level, go outside and you will see many different bus stops. The Greyhound bus stop is the last stop on the left hand side which will be labeled with the Greyhound symbol.
Alternate Route: Toronto Pearson Airport to Downtown Toronto to University of Guelph
Total Cost: approximately $25-$30
Travel Time: 2.5-3 hours (excluding waiting time)
- Take the UP Express Train from Terminal 1 or 3 at Pearson Airport towards Union Station ($12 - you can buy a ticket online or at the machines).
- Disembark from the UP Express Union Station and follow the signs to the Union Station (TTC Subway Station).
- Take the Southbound Yonge-University-Spadina (YUS) Line to Dundas Station.
- Disembark at Dundas Station and walk to the Greyhound Bus Terminal (Bay and Dundas intersection).
- Purchase a ticket and take a Guelph-bound Greyhound bus (Platform 13) to University Centre in Guelph (approximately $24 with student card - you can buy tickets online or at the station). Be sure to ask the driver to drop you off at the University.
You have two options for using GO Transit: Bus or Train.
Total Cost: approximately $15
Travel Time: 2.5 hours
- Take Bus 7 towards Southbound ($3.50 exact change).
- Disembark at City Centre Transit Terminal (Square One).
- Walk to Square One Go Bus Terminal.
- Purchase a ticket to Guelph ($11.35).
- Take the Guelph/Mississauga Bus 29 to the University Centre in Guelph.
Total Cost: approximately $27
Travel Time: 2 hours
Note: Trains are available in evenings during weekdays. Check the schedule in advance.
- Take the UP Express Train from Terminal 1 or 3 at Person Airport towards Union Station ($12 - you can buy a ticket online or at the machines).
- Disembark from the UP Express Union Station and follow the signs for the GO Train Platform.
- Purchase a ticket at a GO ticket machine for route Kitchener (Westbound towards Kitchener), destination Guelph ($14.30).
- Take the GO Train towards Kitchener.
- Disembark at Guelph Central GO Station.
- Take a City of Guelph Transit bus to University Centre in Guelph (bus 5 - Gordon, or other buses that are going to the UC). Be sure to ask the driver if you are not sure.