Graduate Student Checklist

Whether you are a first time or transfer undergraduate student, you should:

  1. Visit the Department of Student Life to meet Megan Sager, the International Student Advisor when you arrive or during your first semester.
  2. Pick up your myBenefit Card from the Student Health and Dental Plan Office (University Centre Main Floor). You will receive your UHIP card through Gryph Mail from SunLife during the first week of class.
    1. ​Enroll your family members in UHIP at Student Financial Services.
    2. Enroll your family members in the Student Health and Dental Plan at their office.
  3. Go to Student Client Services on the 3rd floor of the University Centre to:
    1. ​Pay your tuition and fees (go to Student Financial Services for other payment options) and ensure that your payment was received.
    2. Submit a copy of your passport and study permit to the Office of Graduate Studies.
  4. Visit your academic department to pick up your Student ID card. If you did not submit a picture for your card,visit Student Client Services to get your ID card prepared.
  5. Connect with your LINK partner or sign up for LINK if you wish to connect with other students.
  6. Sign up for Conversation Partners if you need help with conversational English.
  7. Pick up your GSA Handbook from the GSA office located on the 5th floor of the University Centre.

This is not an exhaustive list. You should refer to the International Student Handbook and the Graduate Student Calendar for more items.