Tax Help

You may be eligible for a refund or some benefits from the Canadian government!  

Where to Send Your Tax Return

For first-time filers, you should mail your return to Canada's International Tax Office in Ottawa.

International Tax Services Office
102A-2204 Walkley Road
Ottawa, ON
K1A 1A8

If you have filed in the past, you and live in this area, then should mail it to the CRA Tax Centre in Prince Edward Island.

Canada Revenue Agency Tax Centre
105 - 275 Pope Road
Summerside PE  C1N 6E8

If you are using an address outside of the Kitchener, Waterloo or Guelph area, please see the Canada Revenue Agency Page for a list of addresses where to mail your return.

What to Bring

You may refer to the required documents for filing a tax return document at the bottom of this page. This document will help you to determine what documents you need in order to file your taxes. Please note that not everyone will need each document. You should look on the Canada Revenue Agency website if you have any questions.

Social Insurance Number (or Tax Number)

You can file your taxes even if you don't have a Social Insurance Number (SIN). You need to fill out the T1261 form to get an Individual Tax Number (ITN). You are only issued one number thus if you have been issued one in a previous year, you will use it again for filing this year return (unless you have been later issued a SIN).

For those of you who need the tax number, please print and complete the T1261 form and make the required copies. You will need to get these copies notarized. Please email to find out about a notary public who can assist you with this. This form is to be mailed with your tax return (please do not mail it before as suggested).

File on Your Own (

If you would like to try to do your taxes on your own, you can use the Ufile software ( which is free for students or you can visit to find a software that works for you.