Certificate in Civic Engagement and Global Citizenship
The Certificate In Civic Engagement and Global Citizenship is your opportunity to make deeper connections between academic coursework, volunteer engagement and social issues with the support of university staff and faculty.
- The Certificate can be earned concurrently with your degree.
- You get to choose the social issues you want to focus on exploring.
- Up to 1.0 credits of the required academic course work can also count toward your major or minor.
- Volunteer hours can be completed almost anywhere: on campus, in Guelph, in your local community, national or internationally.
- You get something to show off in the end: as part of the final course (UNIV*4410) you develop and ePortfolio to document your learning.
- Each year is capped at 30 students, on a first-come-first-served basis.
The Certificate in Civic Engagement and Global Citizenship requires completion of 1.00 credits of required coursework and 1.50 credits of restricted electives.
The Certificate in Civic Engagement and Global Citizenship requires completion of 120 approved voluntary Engagement Opportunity Hours while registered as a student at the University of Guelph.
Eligibility and Registration
The Certificate is open to all registered undergraduate students in any program who have completed a minimum of 4.0 credits. The Program is designed for students to start in either their second or third year.
Student Life offers information sessions during course selection periods in the Fall and Winter semesters. A list of upcoming information sessions can be found on GryphLife.
For general inquires, please contact Daniel Poulin, Coordinator, Experiential Learning Programs, Student Life (email@example.com).
For academic questions, please contact Dr. Leah Levac, Faculty member associated with the Certificate (firstname.lastname@example.org).