Become a Peer Helper
Becoming a Peer Helper will give you the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team committed to providing important programs and services to the university community. You will be joining the over 240 undergraduate and graduate students from a broad range of academic programs that are involved as Peer Helpers across the campus each semester.
Benefits to you
- Placements designed to help you develop employment skills
- Mentorship & goal-setting with professional staff
- Skill development through experience and reflection
- Deeper connection to the campus community
- Meeting other students with similar interests
- Official transcript notation (o.oo credit - Pass/Fail)
- Small honorarium
Applications for Fall 2018
Applications are open to both undergraduate and graduate students. Applications are NOW OPEN and information for placements starting in Fall 2018 can be found in the Peer Helper Application Information Package.
Online applications are due by Wednesday February 14th at 11:45 pm.
The following teams have vacancies for Fall 2018:
- Career Services (15 vacancies)
- Centre for Business and Student Enterprise (1 vacancy)
- Centre for International Programs (2 vacancies)
- Civic Engagement (4 vacancies)
- English Language Programs (5 vacancies)
- International Student Ambassadors (6 vacancies)
- Learning Services (4 vacancies)
- Local Engagement (1 vacancy)
- Multi-Faith Ambassadors (1 vacancy)
- Off Campus Living (1 vacancy)
- Orientation Volunteer Liaison (3 vacancies)
- Student Accessibility Services (4 vacancies)
- Student Life Engagment Team (3 vacancies)
- Supported Learning Groups (24 vacancies)
- Sustainability Office - Communications (2 vacancies)
- Sustainability Office - Eco Rep (2 vacancies)
- Undergraduate Academic Information Centre (5 vacancies)
- Wellness Education Centre (10 vacancies)
For full information on the application process, minimum eligibility requirements, and placement descriptions, download the Peer Helper Application Information Package for Fall 2018.
Not sure what team might be right for you? Come talk to us.
- Wednesday, January 31st | 9:00-4:00pm | UC Courtyard
- Wednesday, February 7th | 9:00-4:00pm | UC Courtyard
- Tuesday, February 13th | 9:00-4:00pm | UC Courtyard
- Wednesday, February 14th | 9:00-4:00pm | UC Courtyard
Ready to Apply?
Click on the team names above to start the application process now!
Any questions about the application process or the Peer Helper Program in general can be directed to Cheryl Doran, Coordinator, Experiential Learning Programs, Student Life, at email@example.com.