Become a Peer Helper
Becoming a Peer Helper will give you the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team committed to providing important programs and services to the university community. You will be joining the over 250 undergraduate and graduate students from a broad range of academic programs that are involved as Peer Helpers across the campus each semester.
Benefits to you
- Placements designed to help you develop employment skills
- Mentorship & goal-setting with professional staff
- Skill development through experience and reflection
- Deeper connection to the campus community
- Meeting other students with similar interests
- Official transcript notation (o.oo credit - Pass/Fail)
- Small honorarium
Applications for Fall 2018
We still have one team recruiting for Fall 2018! Log into GryphLife and click on the link below for more information!
Application Deadline: Applications for the English Lanugage Programs are being accepted on a rolling basis, with interviews being offered as successful applications are received. As such, it is recommended to submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment!
Applications for Winter 2019
There are 10 teams recruiting for Winter 2019! Download the Information Package to find out more about each team and verify that you meet the minimum eligibility requirements.
Log into GryphLife and click on the link(s) below to apply.
- Aboriginal Programming
- Career Services
- Centre for International Programs
- Civic Engagement
- Commuter Engagement
- Peer Training & Networking Team
- Student Accessibility Services
- Student Experience Engagement Team
- Undergraduate Academic Information Centre
- Wellness Education Centre
- Writing Services
Application Deadline: Sunday, October 14th, 2018.
If you'd like to receive email updates and reminders about Peer Helper recruitment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get added to our recruitment listserv.
Any questions about the application process or the Peer Helper Program in general can be directed to Cheryl Doran, Coordinator, Experiential Learning Programs, Student Life, at email@example.com.