Become a Peer Helper
Becoming a Peer Helper will give you the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team committed to providing important programs and services to the university community. You will be joining the over 240 students from a broad range of academic programs that are involved as Peer Helpers across the campus each semester.
Benefits to you
- Placements designed to help you develop employment skills
- Mentorship & goal-setting with professional staff
- Skill development through experience and reflection
- Deeper connection to the campus community
- Meeting other students with similar interests
- Official transcript notation (o.oo credit - Pass/Fail)
- Small honorarium
Applications for Winter 2018
Applications for most placements starting in Winter 2018 closed on Sunday, October 15, 2017.
We are still accepting application to the Multi-Faith Amabassador Peer Helper team on a rolling basis with interviews being offered as successfully applications are received.
As a Multi-Faith Ambassador you would be:
- Organizing, implementing and evaluating collaborative faith programming.
- Playing a prominent role in planning and delivery of activities for campus Peace Week.
- Acting as a liaison between the Multi-Faith Resource Team and faith-related student groups on campus.
- Promoting and raising awareness of the resources and services offered by the Multi-Faith Resource Team.
- Contributing articles to the Multi-Faith blog.
- Assisting the program coordinator with the day-to-day tasks involved in managing Raithby House.
Required Time Commitment: 5 hours/week (~60 hours/semester)
Placement Supervisor: Jamie VanderBerg (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Typical Team Size: 4
Department: Student Life
Prerequisite skills applicants should talk about in application:
- Exposure to concepts of faith and/or religion
- Openness and willingness to learn about a variety of faith traditions
- Working independently
- Working as a part of a team
- Event planning
Applications for Fall 2018
Application information for placements starting in Fall 2018 will be posted after January 17, 2018.
If you'd like updates and reminders about the Fall 2018 deadline, contact email@example.com to request addition to our recruitment listserv.
Any questions about the application process or the Peer Helper Program in general can be directed to Daniel Poulin, Coordinator, Experiential Learning Programs, Student Life, at firstname.lastname@example.org.