We had our first snowfall overnight and this morning! Although there’s not much, it finally feels like the end of the semester. Nothing like the biting cold to wake us up and let us know that exams are right around the corner!
Today I’m going to tell you about a couple of opportunities that are available for students to better manage their stress... or bust it!
Tomorrow, the Wellness Centre is offering a workshop called ‘Stress Management’ at 5:30pm. At this workshop, students will learn techniques of how to identify different types of stress and ways to deal with it. Methods of reducing stress will also be covered. The workshop will also involve a guided relaxation exercise aiming to help students relax right then and there. This workshop is free! It does require pre-registration though. Click here to register.
Another great opportunity to bust stress is the Exam Stress Relievers in the library that are offered next week! These are brought to us by the Library, Athletics, The Wellness Centre and the CSA. As well, Kathy Somers from the Stress Management and High Performace Clinic will be helping out with some of the busters.
Your students can drop by for workshops ranging from 30 to 90 minutes on the following topics:
• Let’s Talk about Stress! At this one, Melanie Bowman from the Wellness Centre will be providing opportunities for one-on-one sessions to talk vent and talk about your stress!
• Nutrition Tips from our campus Dietitian, Lindzie O’Reilly. Learn how to eat well for maximizing
energy levels and boosting concentration and focus!
• Recharge your energy! Learn techniques that boost energy and help regain focus. This is run by Kathy Somers.
• How to Let Go! At this, students will learn practical, quick strategies for letting it go, moving on, and refocusing so they can be sharp when they get back to work. This is run by Kathy Somers.
• Relaxation Spa! This will help your student recharge and rejuvenate using a powerful relaxation technique that restores and energizes your body and mind. Kathy Somers will lead this session.
• A 30 minute yoga break
• A Sundae Bar to relax and have a treat!
All of these workshops/classes are free and offer great opportunities for students to take a break from studying to learn important relaxation and stress management techniques! I have attached the online flyer with a bit more information, as well as the times and locations of each event.
Encourage your student to check them out!
|Stress Busters.pdf||398.01 KB|