Find out what neighbourhood you live in here!
- Neighbourhood Drop Ins - We are meeting with students who are living off campus to talk about neighbourhood issues and to provide resource materials about living in the City of Guelph.
- Seasonal Events and Activities - We host a range of events throughout the year to encourage community development in off-campus neighbourhoods. Info on our Halloween Pumpkin Carving contest will be coming soon!
- Right Foot Forward - We like to begin September on a positive note by welcoming off-campus students in our community and providing them with information about life in the City of Guelph! Each year community-minded volunteers deliver resource bags and important information to students living in the community. Volunteer teams include community members, students, City of Guelph staff, Guelph Police, Fire Fighters, and University representatives.
Using restorative practicies, one our our goals is to foster social responsibility and shared accountability in the community by involving students, long-term residents, and appropriate stakeholders in the process of resolving conflicts and repairing harm.
- Conflict Resolution & Mediation - Working with students, neighbours, and landlords to resolve conflicts to mutual satisfaction. This process can involve one-to-one meetings, group settings, and facilitated discussions.
- Restorative Alternatives Pilot Program (RAP) - This pilot program will launch in Ocotober 2012, with a focus on strenghtening community ties and reducing student noise offenses in local neighbourhood as we work directly with students based on referrals from Guelph By-law Officers.
Move Out Madness
Out "Madness" programs are all about implementing environmental and socially sustainable programs while developing positivie neighbourhood relations. For more information about Move Out Mandess click here!
- Move Out Madness - April - You've heard the rumours and it's true: we really will pick-up your unwanted furniture at the end of the school year, as long as you register your items here! Redirecting unwanted furniture and large items, food and clothes to community agency, reycling facilities, or student reuse.
- Move In Madness - September - A giant furniture giveaway! We collect a lot of furniture during Move Out Madness in the spring of each year, so each fall we give it all away.